Admission to the Master of Science in Communication Engineering requires that one holds a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics, or equivalent University Degree. Students who hold a BS in Electrical Engineering have the ideal background knowledge to undertake the program. Other students may do so, but preliminary self study may be required prior to the beginning of classes.
Students holding an Italian Degree
- Admission requirements I (Requisiti curriculari):
- Applications from candidates holding a first level Italian degree certificate (Diploma di Laurea) in the Class of Information Engineering (Class L-8 ex 270/04 or Class 9 ex 509/99) are accepted. The Student Registry Office verifies the validity of the degree certificate presented by the applicant.
- Applications from candidates holding first level degrees (Diploma di Laurea) in classes other than Information Engineering are also welcome, especially from other Engineering classes, Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science. They will be assessed by the Admission Committee. The detailed requirements are specified in the Course Regulations (Regolamento didattico).
- Admission requirements II (Requisiti di personale preparazione):
- Applicants holding a degree certificate as specified in a) but with a mark below 88/110 or equivalent will be individually assessed by the Admission Committee.
Students holding a foreign BS
Students holding a foreign first-level University degree, such as a BS, must first submit some documents to the Admission Committee to assess their qualification. To this purpose, a pdf copy of the following documents is required:
- Full University study record or transcript, including complete list of exams passed, their load in terms of lecture hours or credit units (with relevant definition), the grades achieved, and the final grade point average (GPA)
- Final BS Diploma or equivalent University Diploma (Students who have not yet received their first-level university degree, but who expect to graduate before the application deadline set by the Italian Embassy must specify their complete study programme and expected graduation date)
- English language proficiency certification, required unless official evidence that the BS used English as the medium of instruction is submitted
- Curriculum Vitae
- Passport (page with photo and identification data)
- Other documents considered useful to establish the qualification of the applicant
⇒ Applications are now open: all the documents must be submitted using the online procedure within the following deadline: 15 June 2017.
Non EU citizens
After receiving positive information on their qualification, students of non-EU citizenship who are not resident in Italy must submit a pre-enrollment application to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in the country of residence. Please contact the Embassy as soon as possible to inquire about the procedure, the documents they request and the relevant deadlines (be aware of early deadlines). Be aware that processing an application and issuing a relevant Visa may take several weeks.
The accepted applicants shall complete their enrollment procedure as explained in the document: "General practical information" (Section "Enrollment information"", in it).
Other general information on application for foreign students can be found here:
www.unipr.it (University of Parma Home Page ) > UK Flag > Studying > General registration procedures
- The course is classified as “Free access” in the web site of the University of Parma
- No Italian language test is required for applicants to the Master of Science in Communication Engineering, since the course is taught in English.
Classes start on September 25, 2017